Article number: Comb-1-2
Combiner / splitter to connect 2 outputs to a single input or other way around (isolation between the 2 ports).
Can be used:
- When you want to have dual repeaters to a common indoor antenna solution
- When you want to connect 2 repeaters to 1 common antenna
A combiner will exhibit an insertion loss that varies depending upon the phase and amplitude relationship of the signals being combined.
- If two input signals are equal in amplitude and are in-phase then the insertion loss is zero.
- If the signals are 180° out-of-phase the insertion loss is infinite.
- If the two signals are at different frequencies, the insertion loss will equal the theoretical insertion loss.
The power combiner will exhibit isolation between the input ports. The amount of isolation will depend upon the impedance termination at the combiner output or sum port.
- In the 1-2 combiner input is open then the isolation between outputports A and B would be 6dB. If inputport is terminated by a 50ohm termination then the isolation between ports A and B would be infinite.